What Data We Get
Native Learners collect data from you directly. Generally, it includes the information you enter yourself, data regarding consumption of content, as well as data from third-party platforms you connect with Native Learners. We have also right to collect data automatically, such as information about the device and what parts of Services you interact with.
All data listed in this section is subject includes collecting, recording, structuring, storing, retrieving, encrypting, erasing, combining, as well as transmitting.
Data You Provide to Us
We collect multiple data about you. However, it significantly depends on which services you are going to use from our platform. Below are some examples in order to help you better understand regarding all the data we collect.
When you create an account and use our Services, including through a third-party platform, we collect data that includes:
- Account Data
In order to use certain features, there’s need to create a user account at Native Learners. The account requires us to get your email address, password, as well as account settings. In order to create an instructor account, we collect your name, email address, password, as well as account settings. As you use features on the site, you may be prompted to submit some additional information such as your occupation, ID information, verification photo, date of birth, skill interests, and the phone number. After an account creation, a unique identifying number will be assigned to you.
- Profile Data
You can choose to provide profile information including a photo, biography, qualification, language, website link, social media profiles, and other required data. Keep in consideration, your profile data will be viewable publicly.
- Learning Data
When you access content, we are allowed to access data including which courses, assignments, workspaces, and quizzes you’ve started and completed. It also includes the content, subscription purchases, credits, and completion certificates. Your exchanges with instructors, teaching assistants, and other students, answers to questions, and other submissions are also included in this category.
- Shared Content
Parts of the Services, interact with other users by uploading courses and other educational content. Posting reviews about content, asking/ answering questions, and sending messages to students/ instructors, may be publicly viewable by others depending on where it is posted.
- Student Payment Data
Keep in view, when you make purchases, we collect data about your purchase (such as your name, billing address, as well as ZIP code) as necessary to process order and which can optionally be saved in order to process future orders. Native Learners is allowed to get information regarding payment and billing data directly to payment service providers. It may include your name, credit card information, as well as the billing address. We also receive limited information and the last four digits of that card. For security purpose, Native Learners does not collect or store sensitive cardholder data.
- Data About Your Accounts on Other Services
We obtain certain information through social media as well as other online accounts if they are connected to Native Learners account. If you log in to Native Learners via Facebook or third-party platform, we ask for permission get access certain information regarding that account. These platforms make information available to us through their APIs. Moreover, the information we receive depends on what information you decide to give us. If you access or use our Services through a third-party platform, the collection and sharing of data will also be subject to the privacy policies.
The data listed above is stored by us as well as associated with your account.
Data We Collect through Automated Means
- System Data
Technical data about your computer or device includes your IP address, device type as well as operating system type. Native Learners also collect data from unique device identifiers, browser language, domain, browser, as well as other systems data, and platform types.
- Usage Data
Usage statistics about interactions with the Services includes content accessed, time spent on page, pages visited, search queries, click data, features used, date and time, referrer, as well as other data regarding your use of the Services.
- Approximate Geographic Data
A geographic location includes information such as your city, geographic coordinates, IP address. All the data listed above is collected through the use of server log files. In future, we’ll also use some advanced tracking technologies.
Data from Third Parties
If you are a Native Learners Business enterprise or corporate prospect, in addition to the submitted information, we’re allowed to collect certain business contact information from third-party commercial sources.
How We Get Data About You
We use tools like cookies, web beacons, as well as other advanced solutions in order to gather the data. Some of these tools also offer the ability to opt out of data collection.
Cookies and Data Collection Tools
Why We Use Data Collection Tools
Native Learners uses the various types of Data Collection Tools for various purposes:
- These Data Collection Tools enable you to access the site and provide functionality. It also secures the site and protect against fraudulent logins. Data collection tools are important and help a lot in preventing unauthorized use of your account. These are needed for the Services to work effectively.
- Data Collection Tools remember data about your browser and your preferences.
- The tools also help measure and improve the Services by providing usage and performance data. These tools can help us test different versions of Native Learners to see which features or content users prefer.
- These tools are also used to deliver relevant ads significantly based on things we know about you like your Usage and System Data as well as things that the ad service providers know about you based on their tracking data.
- Keep in consideration, the data Collection Tools enable social media functionality. The cookies may track a user across other sites and build a profile of interests for targeted advertising purposes.
What We Use Your Data For
Native Learner use your data to do things like provide our Services, communicate with you, troubleshoot issues, and secure against fraud and abuse, and as required by law or necessary for safety and integrity. We retain the data for as long as it is needed to serve the purposes.
We use the data we collect through your use of the Services to:
- Provide and administer the Services, including to facilitate participation in educational content and facilitate communication with other users
- Process payments to instructors and other third parties
- Advertise the Services on third-party websites and applications
- Manage your account and account preferences and personalize your experience
- Verify the identity of instructors
- Market Subscription Plans to prospective customers
- Solicit feedback from users
- Tailor advertisements across devices
- Market products, services, surveys, and promotions
- Analyze trends and traffic, track purchases, and track usage data
- Process the requests and orders for educational content, specific services, products, information, or features
- Identify unique users across devices
- Improve our Services and develop new products, services, and features
- As required or permitted by law
Who We Share Your Data With?
We share data about you with instructors, other students, Native Learners affiliates, analytics and data enrichment providers, as well as advertising companies who help us promote our Services. We may also share your data as needed for security, legal compliance, or as part of a corporate restructuring.
We can also share your data with third parties under the following circumstances:
- We share data that we have about you with instructors or teaching assistants for educational content. So, they can improve their content for you. This data include things like your city, browser language, operating system, as well as device settings and certain activities on Native Learners, like enrolled courses and course review.
- Depending on your settings, your shared content data may be publicly viewable, including to other students and instructors.
- We share your data with third-party companies who perform services on our behalf such as payment processing, fraud and abuse prevention, marketing and advertising services. Keep in view that, these service providers can access your personal data and are required to use it solely as we direct.
- We as Native Learners may share your data within our corporate family of companies that enable or support us in providing the Services.
- We have agreements with other websites and platforms to distribute our Services and drive traffic to Native Learners.
- If you take a course to fulfill a continuing professional education requirement, we are allowed to share that information upon request.
- As part of use of third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, we are allowed to share contact information or de-identified data. De-identified data means the data where we’ve removed some personal things allowing these providers to provide analytics services.
- The social media features in the Services may allow the third-party social media provider to collect things to enable the feature.
- We may share your data as necessary to administer as required by applicable law.
- If we decide to use an advertising-supported revenue model in the future, we can use and share certain System Data with third-party advertisers and networks to show general demographics.
- We may disclose your data to third parties if we have a good faith belief that the disclosure is:
- Requested as part of a judicial, or legal inquiry, order, or proceeding
- Reasonably necessary as part of a valid warrant, or other legally-valid request
- Required to detect, prevent, or address fraud, abuse, misuse, potential violations of law
- Reasonably necessary in our discretion to protect against imminent harm to the rights
- We may also disclose data to our auditors and legal advisors to assess our disclosure obligations
- Required or permitted by law.
Native Learners use appropriate security based on the type of data being stored. As with any internet-enabled system, there is a risk of unauthorized access. However, there’s a great need to protect your password and contact us if any unauthorized access to your account.
It’s fascinating to know that Native Learners takes appropriate security measures in order to protect against unauthorized access and destruction of your personal data that we collect. All these measures based on the type and sensitivity of the data.
Unfortunately, no system can be 100% secured. We cannot guarantee that communications between you and Native Learners or any information provided to us will be free from unauthorized access by third parties.
Your password is an essential part of our security system. It’s your responsibility to protect it. Don’t share your password with any third party.
You have rights around the use of your data such as the ability to opt out of promotional emails, cookies, as well as collection of your data by third parties. You can update or terminate your account and can also contact us for individual rights. Students/ teachers who believe we’ve unintentionally collected personal data should contact us for help deleting that information.
Accessing, Updating, and Deleting Your Personal Data
You are allowed to access and update your personal data that Native Learners collects and maintains as follows:
- In order to update data, you provide, log into your account and update your account at any time.
- To terminate your account:
- If you are a student, visit the profile settings page and follow the steps.
- If you are an instructor, follow the steps.
- If you have any issues terminating your account, please contact our support system.
- To request to access or delete your personal data, you can also use our online form. You can submit these requests by emailing us. Please allow up to 10 days for a response. For your protection, we require that the request be sent through the email address associated with your account. Please note that we retain data where we have a lawful basis.
Your Choices About the Use of Your Data
You can choose not to provide data to us, but you may not be able to use features of the Services.
- To stop receiving promotional communications from us. You can opt out by using the unsubscribe mechanism in the promotional communication. Note that regardless of your email settings, we will send you transactional messages regarding the Services, important updates about the Services, and notices about our policies.
- The browser or device you use allow you to control cookies and other types of data storage.
- Apple iOS, Android OS, and Microsoft Windows provide their own instructions on how to control in-app tailored advertising. However, for other devices, you should review your privacy settings on that platform.
Our Policy Concerning Children
We recognize the privacy interests of children and encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children’s activities and interests. Individuals younger than 18 years of age, but of the age for consent to use online services may have a parent or guardian open an account and help them access appropriate content.
Individuals younger than the required age for consent to use online services are not allowed to use the Services.
Parents who believe that Native Learners may have collected personal data from a child under those ages are allowed to submit a request.
Any capitalized terms not defined in this policy are in Native Learners’ terms and conditions. If there is any conflict with a version, you agree that the English language version will control.