In earlier times, the most traditional approach to start a career was earning a four year degree, consequently, investing four years of your life as a full-time student. The AICE Diploma is a two-year, pre-university certificate for secondary students. It is an internationally recognized certification and is accepted at many universities around the world.
However, today, with changing times and the changing careers and jobs, there are more routes to take while considering a new career. Therefore, students prefer diploma over degree more often, as diploma comes at a fraction of the cost, time and effort, and equips you with better practical skills and confidence for your new career.
One such route that is gaining more popularity with a range of schools in different parts of the world is ‘Cambridge Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE) Diploma’.
Let’s learn about the AICE diploma programmer in detail.
What is an AICE Diploma?
Advanced International Certificate of Education is an international curriculum and examination system that is designed to develop students’ profound understanding of a variety of subjects and mastery of a broader range of skills.
Cambridge AICE programme acts as a passport to success in education, university and work. AICE offers students a rigorous curriculum with more than 50 Cambridge International AS and A level subjects that prepares them for success in university study and beyond.
Structure of AICE Diploma
Cambridge AICE Diploma programmer includes an extensive range of Cambridge International AS & A Level subjects and offers students the opportunity to tailor their studies to their individual interests, abilities and future plans within an international curriculum framework.
AICE Diploma is a group certificate that requires learners to study a compulsory core subject ‘Cambridge International AS Level Global Perspectives & Research’ with Cambridge International AS & A Level subjects drawn from three curriculum areas, Mathematics & Science (Group 1), Languages (Group 2), Arts & Humanities (Group 3). There is the option to study Interdisciplinary Subjects (Group 4).
Seven credits are required for earning the diploma: one credit each from Groups 1, 2, and 3, and three credits distributed across the groups in any desired combination. The last credit is earned through a compulsory core subject ‘Cambridge International AS Level Global Perspectives & Research’.
Optionally, up to two credits may be taken from Group 4, the interdisciplinary and Skills-Based subjects group.
|Group 1||Mathematics and Sciences|
|Group 3||Arts and Humanities|
|plus, a compulsory core subject||Cambridge International AS Level Global Perspectives & Research|
|In addition, students can also gain credit from a fourth group|
|Group 4||Interdisciplinary & Skills-Based Subjects|
What are the potential AICE Diploma Benefits?
Let’s look at some of the benefits of pursuing an AICE diploma.
· International Recognition
- Getting your AICE diploma is a smart choice for a student as it holds a great international value.
- The AICE programme has been carefully designed and is recognized and widely accepted by leading universities and colleges around the world.
- Many students pursue the Cambridge AICE programme route every year to gain places at leading universities worldwide, including the UK, US, Australia, Canada and New Zealand.
· Flexibility & Choice of Subjects
- AICE provides a challenging curriculum with a balance of a variety of subjects.
- It maintains flexibility and choice by allowing students to choose subjects at different levels.
- It enables students to develop a deep understanding of the subjects, as well as, independent learning and critical thinking skills.
· Competency-Based Approach
- One of the most unique approaches of the AICE Diploma Benefits is its personalized learning and competency-based curriculum.
- Students go forward on the basis of their specialized interests and actively learn through a variety of pathways.
- Students gain self-directed learning skills, self-discipline and peer-based knowledge sharing.
· Profiles of Graduates of AICE
AICE diploma programme offers its students’ diverse opportunities to develop professional traits for being successful future leaders. The principal characteristics and benefits of AICE diploma certification are as under:
- It offers an ‘Entrepreneurial Innovators’ pathway for self-starting individuals who are eager to pursue their own ideas or businesses or startups.
- It offers an ‘Engineering Experts’ pathway for students who want to dive deeper into a higher level of study and are passionate about building cutting-edge technology.
- It offers an ‘Ethical Leaders’ pathway for students who want to be future leaders, policy makers, creating a positive impact with a solid technical background.
· College Credits
- AICE Diploma programmer includes an extensive range of Cambridge International AS & A Level subjects, which are considered as college-level courses. Colleges can offer up to one year of university credit to students with good grades in A-Level Subjects.
- Research shows that there are 724 colleges and universities worldwide that offer different levels of benefits for AICE students.
- College credits earned during high-school prior to the start of undergraduate study is highly desirable.
· Scholarship Rewards
The AICE diploma is very beneficial with its scholarship rewards. Receiving the AICE Diploma will get you the highest level of Bright Futures Scholarship with 100% of your tuition fee paid. If you’ve earned the diploma and completed 100 hours of community service, you will automatically qualify for the Bright Futures Scholarship Program.
Recognition of AICE Diploma in Pakistan
Choosing a course of study is one of the most important decisions in a student’s life. Therefore, it is essential to check that qualifications are widely accepted and valued by further education institutes, universities and employers.
In Pakistan, choosing Cambridge international qualifications opens up diverse opportunities for students helping them to get at the place of their desired university.
The educational universities and institutes at Pakistan widely recognize the significance of the AICE diploma as one of the prestigious Cambridge international qualifications. The government of Pakistan provides equivalence to the local system of education in order to ensure smooth progression for students who choose to pursue an AICE diploma as a part of their education in Pakistan.
In Pakistan, 49 universities accept and value AICE Diploma Benefits as one of the leading qualifications being offered by Cambridge International. The recognition statements of these universities are also available on the Cambridge International Pakistan’s website.
The AICE Diploma Benefits, which is overseen by the University of Cambridge, demands that students fulfill a number of rigorous requirements. This program can earn students recognition, college credit, and scholarship money at certain schools, and it is also an excellent way to progress your education all around.